Come home for Crystal Christmas, Dec. 14
CRYSTAL FALLS — Just a couple of weeks after large retailers host the Black Friday shopping frenzy, the Crystal Falls Business Association is offering a more low-key community event on Dec. 14 – Crystal Christmas. So, bundle up and head to Crystal Falls, the lovely small town on the hill.
This year’s theme is focused on creating the “Home for the Holidays” feeling with family, friends and local merchants. Along with the event activities, local businesses will offer specials and sales from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Crystal Christmas schedule is as follows:
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Christmas Craft & Gift Show and Bake Sale at United Lutheran Church
- 10 a.m. — Story Time with Erika Sauter at the Crystal Falls Community Library
- 10:30 a.m. — Sloppy Joe Lunch Fundraiser at the United Lutheran Church
- 11 a.m. — Wreaths Across America Ceremony at Crystal Falls VFW
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Soup Luncheon at the Crystal Falls Contemporary Center.
- 1 to 3 p.m. — Visit with Santa at the Crystal Falls VFW
- 1:30 p.m. — Crystal Falls Musicale Concert and Tea at the Christ United Methodist Church
- 3:30 p.m. — Meet and Greet Carl Behrand, author of “The Legend of the Christmas Ship” at the Crystal Falls Community Library
- 5:30 - 7 p.m. — Visit with Santa at the Crystal Theatre (except during the parade)
- 6 p.m. — Ice Shack Parade theme is “Charlie Brown Christmas.” The parade will begin in front of City Hall and end at Northern Interstate Bank
- 6:30 p.m. (after the parade) — Fireworks will be launched near the M-69 bridge the bottom of Superior Avenue.
A residential and business Christmas light decorating contest will also take place. Judging will be on Dec. 11.
Crystal Falls Business Association president Barb Luck, owner of Charlie’s Emporium and Artemis Archery, feels the highlights of the day will be all the shopping sales and craft show plus the Ice Shack Parade at 6 p.m.
“Who doesn’t love a parade?” Luck said. “All are welcome to enter the parade - if you have an ice shack, put it on a trailer and then decorate it. Be creative and have fun!
“Crystal Christmas is about taking time to enjoy and appreciate the beautiful place we live in and a time to have fun during this festive time of year.”
More information for this event is available at www.crystalfallsmi.com.